|Network activity not shown (preferences option).|
|Traffic meters showing current received and transmitted data rates. There is a preferences setting whether meters are shown monochrome or in color.|
|Traffic meters with numeric data rates. There is a preferences setting whether numeric rates are shown.|
|Blocked connection attempt. At the moment a connection is blocked, a red cross flashes in the traffic meters.|
|Current operation mode: In Alert Mode, no background is drawn. In Silent Mode, the background is drawn in green (Silent Mode — Allow Connections) or red (Silent Mode — Deny Connections).|
|Network Filter is off: A warning symbol is shown when the network filter is off.|
|Traffic Capture is running: A blinking symbol is shown to indicate when a traffic capture is running.|
Available menu actions
The status menu provides access to frequently used options:
- Opening Network Monitor, Little Snitch Configuration and Preferences.
- Switching between Silent Mode and Alert Mode.
- Activate profiles.
- When a traffic capture is running, an option to stop it.
- Drag an application on the status menu icon to create a new rule for it.
Choose Little Snitch Preferences from the status menu and switch to the Network Monitor section. There you can change the appearance of the status menu icon:
- Show network activity in menu bar — With this option turned on the status menu shows an animated traffic meter.
- Show data rates as numerical values — With this option turned on the status menu shows data rates as numberical values in addition to the traffic meter.
- Color scheme — Choose whether to display traffic meters in color (red and green) or monochrome.
Two more options are in the General preferences section:
- Show status in menu bar — Choose whether the status menu shall be shown at all.
- Show inactivity warning — With this option turned on the status menu displays a yellow warning triangle when the network filter is off.
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.
© 2016-2019 by Objective Development Software GmbH