- Process — Name of the process communicating.
- Domain — Servers are grouped by their domain. In most cases, this information is sufficient and you can leave the details hidden.
- Server — Name used to connect to the server.
- Traffic meters — Display the current data rate for received and transmitted data.
- Rule management — This double-button shows which rules are currently effective and can be used to create or delete rules with a single click.
Learn more about managing rules in Network Monitor…
Little Snitch records all network connections established by processes on your computer, and shows them in the connection list of Network Monitor. Connection data is collected for up to one year, limited to 20,000 distinct connections by default. This limit can be increased to up to 100,000 in Preferences.
In order to work with such a large list of connections, Network Monitor can filter the list by various criteria.
Each row in the connection list has a context menu which can be accessed via right-click. Options related to rule management are discussed in a separate section.
- Remove from List — Deletes all connections represented by the selected row. Traffic totals related to these connections will no longer include the deleted connections in the displayed sum total.
Network Monitor collects a plethora of information about all the Internet connections of the programs you use. Although this information is protected from access by others (using encryption), you may prefer if particular data is not collected or stored to begin with. For instance, you may live in a country where visiting certain websites can get you into trouble and you don’t want any traces to be stored on your computer.
Little Snitch offers a mechanism that deals with this: Rules for Private Connections. If such a rule matches a connection, Network Monitor summarizes traffic statistics in a single Private Connections row. These rules can be created in Little Snitch Configuration or in the context menu when you right-click on a process in the connection list.
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.
© 2016-2023 by Objective Development Software GmbH