Little Snitch’s Research Assistant is a tool which obtains information about connections from external sources. It provides information going beyond technical details and may therefore be a valuable help when you have to decide whether to allow or deny a particular connection.
This version of Little Snitch ships with two modules:
- The Classic Research Assistant. This is the same thing as was available in the connection alert of Little Snitch 3. It obtains more information via Internet from Objective Development’s online database.
- A module based on information provided by application developers and included in the application’s resources. No internet connection is required to obtain the information.
The Research Assistant is available
- in the connection alert, using the current connection’s properties,
- in Network Monitor, using the common properties of the currently selected line(s) and
- in Little Snitch Configuration, using the common properties of connections matched by the selected rule.
Note that the Research Assistant may be more accurate in the connection alert because every detail of the connection is available. Network Monitor and Little Snitch Configuration work with classes of connections only.
Was this help page useful? Send feedback.
© 2016-2019 by Objective Development Software GmbH